Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Flying.

I am notorious for ending conversations indicating that "I've gotta fly." The other day my friend laughed and pointed this out saying I must be pretty talented knowing how to fly and asking me to teach her some day. I told her flying is easy all you have to do is listen to your heart. She thought that was hilarious and asked if I was sure I didn't mean listen to your head because that is where we reason. I said, "No. Flying involves listening to your heart which is why there aren't many people who fly."
I find freedom in flying. I breathe different. I feel different. I hear different. I know that as long as I believe it's true, I can and I do soar like a white-tailed eagle or scatter about in the erratic flight of a monarch. High above the chaos we get too caught up in, there is a calm tranquility. There are very simple movements that create wonders beyond what words can describe.
When was the last time you opened your heart to just fly?

1 comment:

  1. JOHN:"Can you really fly?"
    PETER:"I'll teach you."
    MICHAEL: "How do you do it?"
    PETER: "Oh, you Just think lovely, wonderful, happy thoughts. And up you go!"

    ReplyDelete