Monday, January 25, 2010

My Tree: 1

...I write to keep in contact with our ancestors and to spread truth to people.
~Sonia Sanchez

I'm embarking on a very personal mission. It's something I've dabbled with for over 15 years now. I love listening to stories of my ancestors. What were they like? What did they do? I am fascinated to know more about the roots that I grew from. I want to know more about who I am.
Who are you?
What will your children say when they are asked who you are?
What will your great-grandchildren say when answering the same question?
Take 10 minutes right now and scratch out your facts. Your birth name, date and place. Your marriage name, date and place. Start adding details as you remember them before they become lost. Tell your story the way you see it.
Know who you are.

1 comment:

  1. I am on the same mission. It's become an obsession. But hey, it's better than soap operas. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete