Friday, January 29, 2010

2010, Welcome!

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...not looking for flaws, but for potential.

~Ellen Goodman


I've been laying low with making any declarations of intention for this year. I've battled back and forth to find a focus word. I've let January lead the way.
I've worked through a few really awesome workbooks to find a direction. Goddess Leonie created this one. It's not too late to grab your copy. Make sure to print it in colour. It makes a world of difference. Do it for you. Dig deep.
Christine Kane created a word of the year worksheet. She ran a whole feature at the end of 2009 spotlighting different people and their words. It's worth the read.
Ali Edwards did her thing spinning wonderful words, too. She is also where I learned of Wordle. Both of those places deserve more than a second glance.
Now to the quote at the top. That one has been both screaming at me and whispering its sweetness to me. It's been a top contributor to why my perspective perhaps is where it is. I'm seeing potential. I'm developing an equilibrium. I'm looking for the black and the white. I'm searching for the heads and the tails. I want to better live in and within my life.
I am on a mission to focus on and find balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment