Sunday, October 12, 2008

So not well

I have been under the weather and negligent. A cold bug bit my ass and has taken me for a straight spin. Fever, chills, puke, cough, snot nastys, sore itchy eyes, the works. Add to the mix some serious sciatic nerve issues and a dash of crazy. Simmer and stir occasionally and you've got a pot of me right now. I am still swimming in this soup. Earlier this afternoon I started to perk up for the first time all week and rolled with it. My head is still clouded but I'm conscious and moving and that's all that matters.
I put together three scrapbook pages. SWEET! I had no idea that my foggy head could be so creative ... so simple. I used to think that scrapbooking had to be all crazy and wild. A million zillion details and tiny pretty things. Totally techniques and tips from 'insiders' with incredible creativity, etc. I have decided that I'm not waiting anymore. I don't need everything. I can create anything with anything. Sometimes it is the simplicity in the things that we make that makes them so special. I started a theme with my sister called SIMPLE and it seems to be catching on to my whole life. Everything is becoming simple. I'm not waiting for this and that or something else. I'm ready. I'm doing and I'm loving this. Someday I might look back on these pages and think how boring they may look or how elementary they seem. On the other hand, someday I might look back on these pages and remember how cool it felt to just do it. Break through the fear and not care what anyone else thinks now in this moment or in the future because right now, I went for it.
I have a handful of baptism favours left to finish and that's ready to roll. I've made my table centers (picture to follow...I need some natural light and not these yellow glow fluorescent). They are sweet - literally. Pretty little rocket lollipop flower arrangements that I made. I am going to rock out the invitations this week just as soon as I confirm the restaurant for the reception.
After I'd finished all the crafty stuff around here, I PUT AWAY all the craft stuff. Normally, I leave it all out on the table thinking that I'm going to pick it up again tomorrow so there would be no point to putting it all away. After staring at the stacks of craft things cluttering my dining room table for weeks now, today I cleaned it all up in a neat and organized manner. Paper with paper in the paper sorter thing. Stamps in a box, inks in another. I even went so far as to put away the picture albums and picture box that I had scattered out on the table. Now, while there are still items on the table, the majority of the clutter is put away in logical places - places where they belong. Everything has its place and every place has its thing. Ogni cosa ha il suo posto; ogni posto ha il suo cosa. My Nonna says this all the time. I'm finally FINALLY starting to catch on. What's cluttering your life? What's out of place? Where does it all belong?
I am going to find my wish book. I started one months ago to cut down on impulse buying. It sort of worked...until I put the book somewhere that I can't remember. I'm on a mission to tighten up around this place. Snapdog the books back into something snazzy. I would like to rekindle the wish book. Wish Book, oh, Wish Book. Wherefore art thou my Wish Book?
That's it for now. See you again soon, Blogland! I missed you all last week and need to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment