Monday, April 11, 2011

Study up!

This week is all about the books for me. I'm at the point in my class where it is get serious time. This also happens to be close to the losing steam time for me. I've lost steam before and the outcome of that sucks. It is like buying a ticket on the one-way train to failure. Robert Frost said in a favorite poem of mine two roads diverged in a wood, and I- well, perhaps I'm not taking the one less travelled by but I am certainly taking the one that leads to being on top of the books.


Last week I stumbled. I found excuses why I would rather put off putting time in than actually learning what I needed to learn. I was tired and I ignored what my body was telling me it needed. I needed nourishment, hydration, exercise and rest. When I don't listen to these things, I slip into a haze. I fall behind. I become miserable and defeated. I pretend to need more hours in a day only to immediately see right through that excuse.


A quick review of the schedule reveals that extreme discipline and devoted determination is required to pull it all together from here out. Assignments are quickly coming due; quizzes are demanding attention. Procrastination is not an option. While it is still only April, my calendar quickly tells a different story of available time. We are booked on the brink of too much through June 12. After that, there is rest.


With a tip of my I'm-a-serious-determined-student hat, this week's posts will be centered around studies.


No comments:

Post a Comment