Thursday, July 2, 2009

Another one done.

Another book, that is. The Fiction Class by Susan Breen was good. It's one that I'm going to keep for reference. If you aren't a reader, this one might not be your thing. That's about all I have to say.
I've moved on. I'm combo reading this week. War of the Roses by Warren Adler and Notes from the Universe by Mike Dooley. I know one of these is a movie and I have seen it but very few movies are ever the same as the books*. So far, I'm enjoying both of these. I'm also hoping neither of these books has dying or dead people in them. The last four that I've read have left me a bit weirded out. Of the stack of 20 some books I want to read, there is a bizarre trend. They seem to have someone that dies, is dying, or is dead. My mother might attribute this to me being morbid but THIS IS NOT THE CASE! Many of these books were recommended to me or random bargain finds. There is just a weird thread pulled through most of them.

*Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews was identical in book and movie form. Perhaps one of my all-time favorites always!

No comments:

Post a Comment