Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Matter of Heart

Every now and again moments come up intended to wake my senses. They spark memories and swirl thoughts that I may have thought were laid to rest. They reveal emotion. They unearth parts of me I keep otherwise nestled safely away in a place only I know, only I can walk through. An internal battle of mind and heart unfolds leaving me beaten, bruised, sensitive, raw.
In the midst of the conflict I struggle to make sense of each word, each thought, every idea. I weigh options, think of outcomes, measure possibilities, anticipate consequences. I grapple with the mayhem in an effort to maintain control and not succumb or be wholly consumed. How far do I go believing I am strong enough? At what point do I say, "I give in"?
I know I will come out on the other side a touch stronger, a tad wiser, and a whole lot more aware.
Let's chin up, Folks. I have to be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment