Saturday, June 27, 2009

Water.

I fought through to the end of Before I Die by Jenny Downham. It was excellent. Real. Knowing the whole way that the main character was terminal, I kept thinking that by some miracle a cure would fix things. The last 100 pages of this one were hard. They sparked me to look within, deep within. I started wondering how I would act. What would I do. How much would I allow. Then, I started thinking about what would be on my list. That was it. This is where my musings ended.
I cried hard reading the story. I cried harder in my thinking. I cried more understanding that many people live in this reality.
This book is right up my sister's reading alley. Lisa, it's coming your way.
I'm into The Fiction Class by Susan Breen. The introduction has been thought provoking. I think this book is going to be a story as well as a personal writing adventure. The prompts so far have been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment