Thursday, June 25, 2009

Read me.

I can't say enough good things about The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. The book was delicious. The pages were pure sugar. The story reached deep into my soul. The control, the spontaneity, the determination, the dedication, so many more elements to list. All of what made up this novel is exquisite. A perfect tale to lay awake reading or laze about with or curl up and just devour. Very well done.
Now I'm into Before I Die by Jenny Downham. With each new turned page, I'm not sure I can believe how raw what I'm reading is and want to read more to know that the words really are there. It delivers many teenage taboos - sex, drugs, cancer - openly and honestly. It's the things that are whispered among so-called friends. It is one girl's list of missions to complete before her terminal illness takes her (or at least I think that's the way it may go). Perhaps this adds to it being right up my alley.
Let's see where it goes. What are you reading or what is on your list of want-to reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment