Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Yesterday, I cried.

I watched a show remembering that day all those years ago. It was about some of the survivors and the heroes and the horrors and the love.
I remembered that moment of disbelief as I stared wide-eyed at the TV screen.
I talked to my son about it and about the world, the good that exists in people and a bit about the bad. As the last story flashed across the screen and I sobbed at what they said, he hugged me. Then he hugged me again.
Because that's what we need to remember.


3 comments:

  1. I couldn't bring myself to watch any of the coverage this year, I don't think I was up for the tears I knew it would bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristina...I know it's hard to remember. It's just so necessary. Thank you for your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristina,
    Yes, it's painful to remember....... a dark point in history.
    Otherwise, I hope that you are enjoying a beautiful Autumn. Our colors are at their peak and it is stunning!
    Thanks much for stopping by. I always appreciate it.
    Take care,
    xo A

    ReplyDelete