Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A beautiful day.

The last many days have been grey and gloomy. Humidity, rain and some hail washed away the weekend. An incredible prairie storm rolled through late Saturday evening lighting the sky with electric white and rolling echoes of thunder such that my little one declared it "Black Thunder". I was buried deep in my studies feeling just a little less guilty thanks to the gloom.

As a break from the books, I concocted a story about a murder plot because of a moth that had invaded my bedroom. It's a story for another day but suffice it to say that I have a very real and very irrational fear of moths.

As we stepped out the door this morning the sun was on his way up shining bright in the clear blue sky. The moment my kidlet saw the dry pavement and the bright sunshine, she declared today a beautiful day. I hope both my kidlets carry the talent of finding the beauty in every day with them always.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying a beautiful day!

    Moths are horrendous! I share your fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little story! If only all of us could find the beauty in every day, the world would be a better place...

    ReplyDelete