Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Have a seat.

Join me today, right here in this cozy corner of mine. Choose a traditional teacup from my collection. There are ones painted with yellow lace roses, ones kissed with pink buds almost in bloom and still more that have gold trim around the edges. Be careful as there are a few that are chipped yet I can't bring myself to letting them go just yet. Maybe some day just not right now. Let me warm your cup with a spot of my melancholy tea blend as I reminisce. Please excuse my tears when they fall.
Quite some time ago, today was a frigid day such that it seem the world itself was trying to freeze time. I was jolted awake from an unsettled sleep in the dead of night by a pain so intense I gasped. I begged for it all to be a nightmare. I pleaded with the universe to let me be wrong. I called a friend in desperation. She knew.
The day whirled around in a blur of beeps, buzzes, bracelets, charts and macabre images that have scarred me. Routine phrases were used by those who knew what they were defined as though many were foreign to my untainted ears. I didn't understand. I felt alone and scared and broken.
On this day, all those years ago, I felt a piece of me change. I didn't know then what I know now but I knew I would never be the same.
I know now that's it's ok...that I'm ok.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that you...or anyone...has had this experience. I truly understand your sadness. Thinking of you, and praying that you will have many beautiful little moments throughout your day today.

    ReplyDelete