I've been doing some reading in my not-so-spare-time, my ME time, my time-outs. I came across this today in a yoga journal and thought it was brilliant:
20 Ways to Feel More Alive
- Start a breathing practice.
- Express gratitude before meals.
- Ride the bus or your bike instead of driving.
- Begin each morning with a stretch.
- Get a massage on a regular basis.
- Smile at strangers.
- Plant a garden.
- Take a class.
- Write a letter.
- Move your practice outdoors.
- Enjoy a 15-minute afternoon siesta.
- Anoint your feet with oil - and a little massage.
- See an Ayurvedic doctor to discover your dosha.
- Smile in the mirror every morning.
- Make dinner for your neighbors.
- Take a media fast.
- Visit an elderly relative.
- Return to a hobby you love.
- Sit under a tree for an afternoon.
- Tell your family and friends how much you love them.
I'm working on #1 (it will be extremely important for me while in labour). 5 was going all right until things fell a tad off the rails. #6 is so special! i've tried it on neighbors that we haven't met and wow, what a difference a simple smile makes. go for it! smile at the world. #7, i planted my flower pots for the backyard and loved it. next to plant is the front area. #8 i'll be glad when it's over. i could use a class break. #11, yes right, 15-minutes = 2 or 3 hours when you're pregnant but really, who's keeping count? #12 HECK YEAH! the oil is substituted with cream but HECK YEAH! I've found new heaven-in-a-bottle (thank you Olay.) #14 has had me working. If i can smile at strangers, i can smile at myself. 16, an incredible step forward for a celebsmut junkie like me. I have refrained from buying any weeklys and do not watch any Celeb-ish tv shows. TRIPLE ARM PUMP to that! 18, well, i've been reading things i want to read instead of things i have to read. It has been a liberating journey. Plus some of my favorite authors have released new paperbacks. YES! I'm also exploring a few new hobbies. #19 i've mosied through the yard, not quite sitting under a tree but absolutely being outside and soaking it all in. #20 perhaps most important and one i will always work on because i really don't think it can ever be said enough.
So now i'm off until the next time...I'm Ready.