Saturday, October 18, 2008

Doorways and Adventures


With every door closed, a new one is opened...or so I've heard the saying go. I'm intrigued both by literal and by figurative doorways. What is opening and closing for you lately?

I'm having an accomplishing day. The oven is self-cleaning. I have never used a self-cleaner before and think I should have asked the cat for directions. Something so simple with about 532 things that you aren't told. I've learned that I cannot use any of the elements on the stovetop while self-clean mode is on. What! Dishes are drying. Counters are clean. I've Magic Erasered the front of the dishwasher and the front of the stove. I've vacuumed the back entrance. I've shaken out the carpet. I've put dinner on to marinade. I've washed laundry. Folding and putting it away are next on the list. The baby is napping. I'm running up ideas in my mind of the things I'm doing, the things I want to do, the things I need to do.

Our new doors are being installed. There is so much light that filters in my back entrance. It is beautiful.

What I'm really doing is trying to keep myself busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment